Oxford University Museum of Natural History, Parks Road. Presentations will be held in the First Floor Lecture Theatre.
The Queen Mother bought the Castle of Mey after the King died in 1952. It was the only property she ever owned and she would spend every August there surrounded by members of her household and staff. Jeremy first stayed there in the late 1970s on duty as the Queen Mother’s Equerry and on many occasions thereafter as one of her guests. When she died in 2002 he was asked to help open the Castle to the public and what was meant to be a six week appointment ended up lasting 6 years. Jeremy’s account will tell us what it was like to be invited as a guest and also what it was like for the Hostess.